TeraFlex JK Front Tera44 TF44 Replacement Axle Housings include a heavy-duty housing with Axle tubes, bracketry, and forged inner knuckles, pre-installed inner seals and upper control arm bushings as well as OEM Rubicon locker, choice of Spicer ring and pinion gear ratio, Spicer bearings and install kits, TeraFlex heavy-duty ball joints, and factory yoke.
Simply swap over Axle shafts, outer knuckles, outer Axle assembly, unit bearings, brakes and sensors. The comprehensive assembly makes swapping Axle housings a true DIY process!
TeraFlex heavy-duty JK Front Tera44 TF44 Replacement Axle Housings are perfect for replacing bent, broken, or damaged front axles in JK Wrangler and Rubicon vehicles. Can also be used as a direct bolt-on Upgrade for JK Wrangler owners looking to beef up the front axle’s weak areas.
- JK Wrangler (2-door) – front
- JKU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) – front
- ARB air locker
- Spicer ring and pinion – 4.56
- Spicer bearings and install kits
- TeraFlex HD ball joints
- Factory yoke
- 3.25 inch O.D. x 0.5 inch wall Axle tube increases strength to resist bending and torsion w/ minimal weight increase
- Pre-installed inner Axle seals
- Forged HD inner knuckles w/ greater upper and lower section strength
- Ductile cast iron housing w/ increased rib gussets
- HD ductile iron differential cover
- Asymmetric housing design, for extra-long tube side strength
- Smooth radius bottom design to glide over rocks and obstacles
- Integrated lower flexarm skid plates
- Bottom oil drain hole for simple fluid changes
- Premium UV protected triple-stage powder coat process for superior corrosion resistance
- 1/4 inch-thick CNC laser cut Axle brackets for extreme strength
- Integrated factory location upper control arm mount
- Pre-installed upper control arm bushings
- Reinforced front track bar mount (ties into spring pad) for greater strength
- Proper pinion angle for lifted JK applications
- Pre-tapped hole on spring perch for bump stop extensions
- Pre-drilled holes for limit straps and lower spring retainers
- Retains all JK ESP, ABS, and speedometer sensor capability
- 100 percent engineered, designed, and built in the USA
- 100 percent new components
- 1-Year/Unlimited Mileage Warranty
- Install Time: 6 Hours
- lift Height: 0-3.0 Inch
- Width: 67.0 Inch WMS-WMS (stock)
- Axle Tube: 3.25 inch x 0.5 Inch
- Ring and Pinion: 4.56
- The TF44 Axle is designed to work with non-Rubicon Dana 44 lockers.
Requirements and Recommendations:
- Control Arm Upgrade
- 0-3 inch lift: This Axle is a direct bolt-on Upgrade! Although stock control arms will work at this lift height, aftermarket flexarms may be used if desired – highly recommended w/ a 3 inch lift.
- Front upper (part number 1252200) and front lower (part number 1252000) TeraFlex JK Sport Flexarms will work w/ 2.5-3 inch lifts.
- Front upper (part number 1415520) and front lower (part number 1415500) TeraFlex JK adjustable Alpine Flexarms will work w/ 2.5-4 inch lifts.
- Front upper (part number 1315520) and front lower (part number 1315500) TeraFlex JK adjustable Alpine Long Flexarms will work w/ 3-6 inch lifts.
- Inner Axle Shaft Upgrade
- 0-6 inch lift: requires aftermarket inner Axle shafts to handle the additional power. TeraFlex offers 34.19 inch passenger side axles (part number 304136) and 19.11 inch driver side axles (part number 304120). These shafts MUST be used w/ 2013-2017 JK Axle U-joint.
- Axle Stub Upgrade
- 0-6 inch lift: High-quality aftermarket chromoly stubs are recommended, though the stock 2013-2017 JK outer Axle stubs can be (re)used.
- Axle Shaft Tube Seal Upgrade
- 0-6 inch lift: Get serious with HD 0.5 inch wall seals (part number 4354050) or keep it real with standard 0.25 inch wall seals (part number 4354025). Stock seals may also be reused.
- Steering System Upgrade
- 0-3 inch lift: The JK HD Tie Rod and Drag Link Steering Kit (part number 1853900) will do the trick, though the stock steering system may be reused.
- Brake Upgrade
- 0-6 inch lift: Experience a notable difference w/ a TeraFlex Big Brake Kit (part number 4303400 or part number 4303420) or JK Big Rotor Kit (part number 4303480 or part number 4303490).