Designed specifically for the JL Wrangler/Unlimited, TeraFlex 9550 VSS (Vehicle Specific Shocks) Twin-Tube Shocks are engineered, valved, and tuned for extreme off-road performance while retaining a smooth highway ride. Additionally, a proprietary inhouse velocity valve is tuned to react in sync with TeraFlex suspension systems and lift kits making them the perfect upgrade for your lifted Jeep.
The twin-tube design, oversized external tube with e-dipped finish, triple-chrome plated rod with oil block and seal, internal travel stop limiter, premium quality rubber bushings, and Jeep specific mounting contributes to the 9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shock’s performance, durability, and comfort.
- JL Wrangler (2 Door)
- JL Wrangler Unlimited (4 Door)
- 0-2 inch Lift
- Front 9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shocks – pair (part number 1556100)
- Rear 9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shocks – pair (part number 1556200)
Features and Benefits:
- JL specific mounting (Front: eyelet/eyelet; Rear: eyelet/eyelet)
- Robust and rugged twin-tube design is geared toward hardcore off-road abuse
- HD shock canister provides strong protection from damage
- Outer tube protects inner tube from damage – a dent in the outer tube won’t affect the shock’s function
- Twin-tube design provides longer stroke travel than monotube shocks
- Induction-hardened, triple-chrome plated rod provides strength
- Large diameter piston lowers internal operating temperatures
- Velocity valve tuned to react perfectly w/ TeraFlex suspensions
- Oil block and seal keep all internal fluids contained and sealed
- Travel limiter minimizes the impact of over-compression
- Double-welded shock eyelets for support and reinforcement
- Premium quality rubber bushings
- Durable black e-dipped finish resists salt and other corrosives
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Bump stop configuration varies depending on shock absorber collapsed length, tire size, and fenders – See instructions for proper configuration for your application.
- May require 2 inch Bump Stop Strike Pad Extension Kit (part number 1959500) and/or 0.5 inch Bump Stop Strike Pad Shim Kit(s) (part number 1959300).
- Install Time: 1 Hour (All 4)